Your senior years should be the best in your life. You should be relaxing, spending time with family, and doing all the things you love. Planning for your retirement and senior years can be fun, but some of the serious questions you’ll have to start asking yourself can be tough and even uncomfortable. You should consider an Elder Law Attorney in Lakewood Ranch FL.
What is Elder Law?
Elder law is a law specialty that focuses on legal issues that impact seniors. There are three main areas of practice under Elder Law:
- Estate Planning
- Disability Planning and Long Term Care
- Public and Private Benefits and Resources
How Can Elder Law Help Seniors?
An Elder law attorney in Lakewood Ranch Fl can help seniors through some of the most challenging decisions of their lives. One of the most important reasons to hire an elder law attorney in Lakewood Ranch Fl is to have an unbiased person that understands the law and has your best interests in mind. Some important aspects of elder law include:
- Guarding against elder abuse
- Preparing special needs
- Planning for mental and physical incapacity
- Making end of life decisions
- Appointing a power of attorney’s or attorney-in-fact
- Preparing for mental incompetence due to dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Planning for long-term medical care such as nursing homes
- Taking advantage of public resources such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Safeguarding your assets
- Organizing your estate
- Will preparation
- Spousal financial protections
This list is not inclusive of all of the senior life decisions you will need to make, and an Elder law attorney in Lakewood Ranch Fl can help you with any other questions or concerns you have. Let a professional who understands the law guide you through these tough decisions to ensure all your assets and plans are handled legally and professionally, and your wishes are carried out no matter what.
If you’re interested in elder law services, call the Law Offices of Kimberly K. Muenter at 941-213-7325